Prev: RE: [DS] Calling all used tank salesmen Next: RE: [DS] Calling all used tank salesmen

Re: [DS] Calling all used tank salesmen

From: Rick Norman <thurvin@y...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 10:17:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [DS] Calling all used tank salesmen

Greetings,

One of my favorite tank design is what I call the Mauser, (FWM08)a fast
track size class three with twin SLAM/3 mount coaxially in a turret.
Cheap, accurate to 24" powerful enough to kill equal to its size and
multi-role (remember the scatter rule) and I have House rule on SLAM
attacks on infantry of pull chits for each stand in squad. To be truly
effective it must be supported with longer range guns in open terrain.
But in the small table heavy terrain cluster !@#$* battles I tend to
run they are scary. An kind of variant of Mauser is the Madison(FWM09)
which is a Mauser on GEV frame.

Another good one for close in battle is The Phoenix DFFC Carrier
(slow)Grav Tank(FWT20).A size 5 tank with DFFC/5 and MDC/3 in a turret
with PDS/basic,a LAD and reactive armour. There is few things like
firing a massive ball of plasma to convince the enemy to be elsewhere.
The Firedrake which is a Phoenix on a slow track frame.

A standard design is the Truman Meduim Tank fast track tank with Either
HPK/4 or MDC/4 depending on the technology with LAD. Good solid
performer against another medium and heavy tanks, but it is defendless
against infantry armed with GMS. An variant of Truman is the T.
Roosevelt which is Truman on GEV frame.

The Last one is Thorrson (FWV03), a size three VTOL missile carrier
with two GMS/L Enh and Forward Observation Equitment builded into
vehicle.