Prev: 40K to SG2 Next: Re: 40K to SG2

Re: 40K to SG2

From: ScottSaylo@a...
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 10:51:31 EDT
Subject: Re: 40K to SG2

What a great digest of "Why I think 40K stinks!"

<I've tried a few of these conversions.  Some observations:

1) Try to draw straight line parallels.
    Assume Stargrunt troops are roughly equivalent to Imperial Guard (IG
are
regulars with basic battle dress and FP2 AP D8 rifles).
   Make Space Marines wear light slow power armour, and Termnators wear
heavy slow power armour.  Make jump packs fast power armour.  Marines
are
definitely veterans to the IG regulars.
   Make vehicles like dreadnoughts, as vehicles.

2) Change the psychology.  Stargrunt is a game decided by its model of
human
psychology on the battlefield.	Space Marines don't have that same
psychology.  They aren't pinned, they don't use cover, they are easy to
hit.
They don't carry wounded, nor do losses particularly phase them.  Play
around with this.
Marines also don't have the same command structure; definitely limit who
can
transfer actions or you'll have too many chiefs and hyperactive Indians.
Maybe no communications; must be within 6".

3) Looks for the loopholes and try to reasonably plug them.  Marines,
for
example, have no dedicated anti-air weapons or guided missiles in 40K.
By
SG2 rules, they can't hit or target any airborne vehicle.  In 40K, they
can.
Either say they have targeters in their PA to track air targets, or
include
a few guided missiles in their normal missile launcher kit.

Prev: 40K to SG2 Next: Re: 40K to SG2