Prev: Re: Nannite Torpedo Next: Re: Nannite Torpedo

Re: The GZG Digest V1 #287

From: "Scott Spieker" <scspieker@f...>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 07:52:00 -0400
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #287

I like this solution.  With the way that WH40K works, I find it hard to
play
because of all of the special characters, rules, devices, what have you.
The SGII rule book does cover a small amount on independant characters
but
not in depth enough to make a sound jundgement with hero types being
converted from other systems.

For example, Warzone has a unit with the option of a hero and/or a
leader
depending if you want to spend the points.  These characters have their
own
abilities and so forth which make them a little different as well as a
little tougher.  In a case as stated below, where a character has
'special
issue' armor, they would use their own armor rating for defense rolls
when
being hit, is that correct?  That means that the would need a seperate
line,
or card even, to record their stats on for use in conjunction with the
unit
it is attached to...

Now on to a different but related topic.  What about dreadnaughts or
other
'fighting' machine that is not necessarily 'large' enough to qualify as
vehicle?  For example, a horde of orcs may have a vehicle with no armor.
Would you attack the crew directly as though they were a 'unit' rather
than
using the vehicle rules?  Would then a GMS or other 'vehicle killer' be
able
to fire at that vehicle effectively since there is no armor?

Along the same lines, what about power armored units (terminators or
SGII PA
troops).  Are they 'hard' targets for anti-vehicle weapons?

Scott

>Without getting too complicated, why not define a chaplain in one of
four
>levels:
>
>LEVEL 1-D6
>LEVEL 2-D8
>LEVEL 3-D10
>LEVEL 4-D12
>
>The dice code represents the chaplain's quality. You would also have to
>assign him a leadership number of 1, 2, or 3.
>
>Chaplains would act as other independent figures (SGII, p.26), except
that
>they could inspire troops in close combat as such:
>
>A level 2 chaplain (D8) would give an extra close combat die shift to
all
>troops within 8 inches of the chaplain.
>
>Example: Your 4 Blood Angels are activated and charge to close combat
with
4