Prev: RE: [FT]Building Ship Mini's Next: [FT] Cool ftmap start trek counters

Re: The GZG Digest V1 #280

From: "Ian" <garibaldi@w...>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 08:00:39 +0100
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #280

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 15:14:19 EDT
From: ScottSaylo@aol.com
Subject: Re: Nasty black spidery things

In a message dated 5/12/99 2:09:26 PM EST, garibaldi@woden.com writes:

Hello Scott,
glad to hear from you.

"Try Sculpy instead. this is a polymer clay that bakes hard in your oven
in
ten minutes at 250 degrees without shrinking. It's wonderful stuff
available
at any crafts store in an amzaing variety of colors. Although it takes
acrylic paint just fine! Micro Machines makes a Mimbari Cruiser in one
of
the
B 5 toy packs."

I haven't seen Sculpy , I'll look out for it , but if I can't find any
I've
seen something similar which would probably do. I've got a couple of the
Micro Machine packs [ no Minbari :-(  ], but they're now like the
proverbial
"rocking-horse droppings" here in the UK. I have been told that , due to
lack of demand they were being discontinued. Of course , the fact that
they
were never widely distributed in the numbers that Trek & Star Wars were
might explain poor sales...
Regards,
Ian.
------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 14:41:08 -0500
From: devans@uneb.edu

***
I know about the "official" line of ships , but I'm
not sure if they'd fit in with the GZG range - & they are expensive.
Hope someone can help.
Regards
Ian
***

Hello Mr. Beast,
Happy to have joined ship.

"I'm assuming you're refering to the B5 Wars range. GZG has an 'organic'
ship line called Sa'Vasku; not exactly Shadow ships, but lovely spiky
shapes that might work for you. You can see some of the ships at:
http://www.geohex.com/ftsssav1.htm "

Yes they ars  very good models , I may well end up using them if my
"scratch-building" attempts go down the pan [ which on past evidence is
fair bet :-) ]
Thanks for the help,
Regards,
Ian.
------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 16:07:38 -0400
From: Jonathan Jarrard <jjarrard@ford.com>

The fellow at this URL:

http://users.erols.com/stumer/ndx.html/Trekkersfleet.htm

is selling a wide variety of cheap, low-detail ships, one of which would
make a fair Shadow vessel.  They're not the greatest minis in the world,
but they might do if you are looking for quantities.  Last I knew, all
of the minis at this site were going for .80 apiece.

I hope this helps.

Ian wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I'm a newbie on this group [ though I'm old everywhere else :-( ] .
I'd
like
> help on techniques for modelling Shadow ships from B5. I'm a huge fan
[even
> including the dreaded season 5]  & I'd love to have a go at making
some
> nasty black spidery things. Also Minbari cruisers.I thought about fuse
wire
> armatures with modelling clay "flesh", but this seems a bit of a
challenge
,

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 16:10:57 -0400
From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@acd.net>
Subject: Re: [OT]Kids game?

Mike Wikan wrote:

> Yes, I agree re: Millenium. Things are starting to reduce to a simmer
here,
> so it will be soon (i.e. the next couple weeks)
>
> Michael Wikan
> Game Design
> Slave Zero
> Infogrames
> http://www.slavezero.com
> mwikan@accolade.com
> wikan@sprintmail.com
> "Nec Aspera Terrent"

Have we heard that comment before?  (hehehehe....;)   )

Donald Hosford

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 16:16:02 -0400
From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@acd.net>
Subject: Re: Name that doodad, greeble, keg of beer, or whatever.

Rick Rutherford wrote:

> On Wed, 12 May 1999, Thomas Anderson wrote:
>
> > The device which LFC Diamond is puzzled over is the Type 1415
> > Intermediate Altitude Holographic Maser Imaging Array (IAHMI),
deployed
> > on both the FWA06 SPG and the FWT42 SPAA.
>
> I'm sorry, but this is incorrect. The Type 1415 IAHMI array is
smaller,
and
> mounted co-axially with the AFV's gun barrel, so that the array can
"see"
> what it's shooting at. In some AFVs, the IAHMI is mounted on the front
of
> the turret, and in others it is mounted on the turret roof.
>
> BAT Industries was the first manufacturer to incorporate the IAHMI
array
> into their AFVs, but unfortunately the early versions of the array
were
> quite vulnerable to enemy fire. The glass tubes in the cylinder
shattered
> whenever the vehicle was hit; when this happened, the tank crews said
that
> they were, "as blind as a BAT." :)
>
> -- Rick Rutherford

It sounds like a "Standard Issue Forward Mounted Contact Explosive
Charge"
or
SIFMCEC for short...8D

Donald Hosford

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 16:19:17 -0400
From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@acd.net>

Ian wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I'm a newbie on this group [ though I'm old everywhere else :-( ] .
I'd
like
> help on techniques for modelling Shadow ships from B5. I'm a huge fan
[even
> including the dreaded season 5]  & I'd love to have a go at making
some
> nasty black spidery things. Also Minbari cruisers.I thought about fuse
wire
> armatures with modelling clay "flesh", but this seems a bit of a
challenge
,
> to say the least ;-).  I know about the "official" line of ships , but
I'm
> not sure if they'd fit in with the GZG range - & they are expensive.
> Hope someone can help.
> Regards,
> Ian.

Quite a while back (on the old list)  someone started discribing one
novel
method involving a trantula and a bucket of glue...but that individual
didn't
finish the instructions....

8D

Donald Hosford

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 00:02:55 +0100
From: "Mike Jameson" <mikefjames@btinternet.com>
Subject: EPIC miniatures in Dirtside

Does anyone know where I can get hold of some Dirtside conversions for
the
old Games Workshop EPIC miniatures?

Mike Jameson

Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

mikefjames@btinternet.com
http://www.btinternet.com/~mikefjames/homepage/

in the body of a message to "Majordomo@soda.Berkeley.EDU".

A non-digest (direct mail) version of this list is also available; to
subscribe to that, replace all instances of "gzg-digest"
in the commands above with "gzg-l", and "unsubscribe" with "subscribe".

Prev: RE: [FT]Building Ship Mini's Next: [FT] Cool ftmap start trek counters