Prev: [MISC] Omega Warrior Next: Re: [MISC] Omega Warrior

Re: [MISC] Omega Warrior

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 15:12:59 -0700
Subject: Re: [MISC] Omega Warrior

John C wrote:

> Flagship Games, creator of "Mecha" is apparently selling a new 25mm SF
> skirmish game called "Omega Warrior".
>
> http://www.flagshipgames.com/omegawarrior.htm

> They are also working on a generic space combat game called Starship!
and
> they will produce miniatures for it.	They are claiming that it will
be a
> true 3D environment, using their "Battlepoles".  I suspect that ships
will
> be resin, and a bit too big for FT, but you never know -- the pictures
seem
> to bear this out, though.
>
> http://www.flagshipgames.com/starship.htm
>
> John Crimmins

     Well, I was in one of the 'Starship' games last month.
The ships come in sizes 'by the inch', so any ship can be used
simply by measuring the length.
     The prototypes are scratchbuilt and measure 1'' to 5' in
length.

     I was able to convince the authors to change some of the
procedures to speed and simplify play.	Some changes will also
be made in the processes of targeting and weapons effects.

     More weapons types are available for the game the are in FT,
they are more detailed and the effects of targeting and firing
are more complex than FT.   The system is more akin to the
Japanese 'Yamato' and other cartoon Sci=Fi programs.

I have not tried the system since the revisions.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: [MISC] Omega Warrior Next: Re: [MISC] Omega Warrior