Prev: Re: Pod Racers at MARCON Next: OT: Star Bores?

Re: Pod Racers at MARCON

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 14:02:36 -0400
Subject: Re: Pod Racers at MARCON

Andy Cowell wrote:

> Definite minor (pod-racing) spoilers follow.

> > > Search out and find "Circus Imperium" for the Renegade Legion
universe, by
> > > FASA. While the track is just an oval, I'm sure the mechanics
would work

> > Using only 2 "tiles" (a 60 deg. bend and a strait track, each with 4
lanes)
> > you should be able to make a wide variety of tracks. for an example
see:

> Heh, this sounds like a really cool project, I'd love to dink around
> with it.  I've read the book, and I'll try and give enough detail for
> people to think about the rules.
>
> The track was definitely 3D-- you had pod racers going too fast down
> declines and smacking into the track when the it flattened out.  There
> were also tunnel-like canyons and such, where riders had a tendency to
> smack into the sides.  It was essentially a natural track, so I could
> see lots of variations on the number of "lanes."

Maybe you could make "lane reducing" counters to place at the edges of
the track
tiles...Or make actual track tiles with different numbers of lanes...

> You also had lots of sabotage and fighting.  Lots of pods crash and
> get crashed, killing racers.	They didn't really emphasize the pods
> being at different altitudes, although I know Sulbuba was able to keep
> Annakin from passing him, but at one point Annakin faked him out and
> passed over him.
>
> No whips, though; but at one point Sulbuba (a dirty racer) managed to
> unhook one of the cables attaching Annakin's pod to his engines,
> forcing Annakin's pod to tumble wildly behind the engines and lose
> lots of ground until he could grab the cable using a magnetic pole and
> reattach it.	I assume he was unable to steer at that point.	The
> engines maintained their link to each other.
>
> Sulbuba had a mechanism by which he could vent his engines out to the
> sides, taking out other pod racers passing him at the same level.  He
> also had an illegal blade attached somehow to his pod he would use to
> attack other racers.

Where did you get your info?  Sounds Very Cool!   Did you say you have
the book?
Is it out allready?

If so I am gonna havta find that one!

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: Pod Racers at MARCON Next: OT: Star Bores?