Prev: RE: [FT] DamCon Parties Next: RE: SG questions

Re: SG questions

From: Paul Lesack <lesack@u...>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 09:24:35 -0700
Subject: Re: SG questions

Timothy Pricer wrote:

> I have now played 4 SG games and now have a few questions.
>
> First of all is there a FAQ or any thing like that out there?

I don't believe there's a FAQ per se, but check out
http://stargrunt.virtualave.net/

> Can GMS launchers be fired at dispersed targets?

>From what I recall from the discussion a few months back, no.
Except we like to allow it in our games. If you can aim a missile
at a tank, you can aim it at the ground. . .

>     If so do you treat it like a support weapon except that it has to
be
>     fired separately?

Seeing that it isn't covered in the rules, this makes sense. d8
for impact, as per the rules on p.40

>	  Does EW have to active to effect the EW die?

Yes

>	  Does it cost an EW marker?

Yes. One to start using EW, each other marker to increase die
type. (p.52)

> Are there any limitations placed an an EW trooper, like on movement or
>     fire combat?

Not that I'm aware of. My EW warfare guy is in my command squad,
usually, so I try to keep them	away from really heavy fire.

> The SG book differes with the Quick Reference card on what to do with
>     a dummy counter on a Minor success for a Observation roll, which
one
>     is correct?

I don't know, because I only have my rulebook at work. . .

> Well I will probably come up with more questions later.

Not nearly as many as if you were playing $40K. . .

> Thanks
> Tim

You're welcome,

Paul

If I have made any mistakes in answering your questions, the
fault is my own. Please correct me if I'm wrong. . .

Prev: RE: [FT] DamCon Parties Next: RE: SG questions