Prev: RE: Idle Torpedo Thoughts Next: Re: Idle Torpedo Thoughts

[MISC] Moonbase Alpha

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 22:15:36 GMT
Subject: [MISC] Moonbase Alpha

I'm about to get some names and details wrong, so you "Space 1999"
purists
should forgive me -- I've never actually seen the show, although I had
the
lunchbox when I was in first grade.  The local Allied Hobbies has a
model of
the "Alpha Moonbase" from 1999, and it includes 6 of the "Eagle
Landers"(?).
  The illustrations on the box are next to useless, and the only
photograph
is VERY small, but it looks pretty nice.  You get a large flat plane,
with
some sort of complex sprawling across it and something that appears to
be a
greenhouse on one edge of the board.  The Eagles look to be tiny -- if
they
are even an inch long, I'd be surprised.  This might be a useful
beginnings
for a Full Thrust space station, but it's difficult to say from what
I've
seen.  Has anyone out there seen an open box?  Or do you know where I
could
go to see a review?  It's only $16.00, so I'll probably end up buying it
for
the bits anyway, but it would be nice to know what I'm getting.

John Crimmins		john1x@hotmail.com	 johncrim@voicenet.com
	http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim/index.html
     Home of "Destroy All Monsters!" and other nonsense.

Prev: RE: Idle Torpedo Thoughts Next: Re: Idle Torpedo Thoughts