Prev: Re: [FT] DamCon Parties Next: Re: [FT]United Nations?

Re: [FT] DamCon Parties

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 12:21:54 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [FT] DamCon Parties

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Laserlight wrote:

> Let's see if I'm reading this right:
> a) damage control parties are there to repair systems that are damaged
in
> threshold checks;
> b) damage control parties have no other game function (eg cannot
repair
> needle beam damage);
> c) threshold checks occur only after a row of damage boxes is
destroyed.

> If all of the above is correct....then why are there DCP's in the TOP
row of
> damage boxes?

in addition to what other people have said, i would say that if you
board
one of your own ships, DCPs from the boarding ship can go over and
attempt
to fix up the broken ship.

hmm. a cheapo merchant stuffed to the gills with DCPs would make a
handly
little fleet auxiliary, able to travel with the fleet and fix stuff.

DamCon parties, eh? presumably these are the beer-fuelled after-hours
events at the annual engineers' convention? :-) i'm having trouble
controlling my visions now ... "you should have seen this chick - she
was
built like a DM-220!", "is that the first or second series DM-220?",
"first", "wow! you lucky swine.".

Tom

Prev: Re: [FT] DamCon Parties Next: Re: [FT]United Nations?