Prev: Re: [PBeM] Estrell Battleship Duel - Players needed Next: Re: Sensor Range Question [Evasion]

Re: USA Timeline (was: RE: I'm Back)

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 16:56:23 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: USA Timeline (was: RE: I'm Back)

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Robertson, Brendan wrote:

> I couldn't get it with the first one but depending on your
web-browser,
> this one should work, as it was uploaded with an upper-case file name.
> (IE3 is case specific for some reason.)

the case-sensitivity is in the server, not the browser; if it didn't
work
with IE, it shouldn't work with navigator, opera, lynx, hotjava or
anything else. for once, it isn't the suckiness of IE that's the
problem*,
it's the suckiness of Xoom's webserver! well, i suppose it's not being
wrong, just pedantic. it's apache 1.2.5, in case anyone was wondering

* no offence to the MS guys on the list :-)

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Donald Hosford wrote:

> Check Thomas's FTP site, for my USA nation file.
>
> URL:	http://members.xoom.com/gzg_l/usa/usa.asc

it's not *my* site, it's everyone's. i just set it up. and it's not an
ftp
site, it's a website. it's just that it's also accessible by ftp.

Tom

Prev: Re: [PBeM] Estrell Battleship Duel - Players needed Next: Re: Sensor Range Question [Evasion]