Prev: Re: Jungle Trees Next: Re: Japanese Ship

Re: OT: Space combat/HOMEWORLD

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 07:39:48 -0700
Subject: Re: OT: Space combat/HOMEWORLD

okay,everybody look at
http://www.sierrastudios.com/games/homeworld/index.html

This is a beautiful thing. The artwork would look just fine as artwork,
never mind that these are screenshots and vidcaps from gameplay. I'm
skeptical too, but Homeworld is about the prettiest game I've ever
seen. You want the Flash player to get the most out of an interesting
visual and structurally designed website.

At 1:16 AM -0700 4/24/99, Donald Hosford wrote:
>Mike Wikan wrote:
>
>> I don't know how many of you have seen anything about HOMEWORLD by
>>Sierra
>> for the PC but I played a demo at the GDC conference and it is
>>nothing short
>> of astounding. Full 3D space (absolutely gorgeous..it is literally
>>beyond
>> belief) Massive cruisers, tiny fighters, frigates, Destroyers,
>>Mining ships,
>> Asteroids, Dust Shoals, etc, etc AND it's multiplayer....
>>
>> Michael Wikan
>> Game Design
>> Slave Zero
>> Accolade, Inc.
>> http://www.slavezero.com
>> mwikan@accolade.com
>> wikan@sprintmail.com
>> "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the
>>night to
>> visit violence on those who would do us harm."-George Orwell
>
>All I have seen about it, was the video that was included on the
>Half-Life game
>cd-rom.
>
>Even that was enough to make me drool!
>
>Donald Hosford

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: Re: Jungle Trees Next: Re: Japanese Ship