Prev: Re: FH Machine People Next: Japanese Ship

Re: OT: Space combat/HOMEWORLD

From: Niall Gilsenan <ngilsena@i...>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 14:22:16 +0100
Subject: Re: OT: Space combat/HOMEWORLD

Donald Hosford wrote:

> Mike Wikan wrote:
>
> > I don't know how many of you have seen anything about HOMEWORLD by
Sierra
> > for the PC but I played a demo at the GDC conference and it is
nothing short
> > of astounding. Full 3D space (absolutely gorgeous..it is literally
beyond
> > belief) Massive cruisers, tiny fighters, frigates, Destroyers,
Mining ships,
> > Asteroids, Dust Shoals, etc, etc AND it's multiplayer....
> >
> > Michael Wikan
> > Game Design
> > Slave Zero
> > Accolade, Inc.
> > http://www.slavezero.com
> > mwikan@accolade.com
> > wikan@sprintmail.com
> > "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the
night to
> > visit violence on those who would do us harm."-George Orwell
>
> All I have seen about it, was the video that was included on the
Half-Life game
> cd-rom.
>
> Even that was enough to make me drool!
>
> Donald Hosford

It looks like it should be good.  They don't seem to be rushing it out
the door with bugs and all. Its just gone to betatest so we can expect
it soon. Theres another game along the smae lines called conquest
frontier wars due out later in the year which is also looking good.  Its
got a site at

http://conquest.gamestats.com/index.shtml

Also a new game thats just appeared is Malkari although this is more of
an empire building game.  Its turn based as well not RTS.  Star Trek
Birth of the Federation is also due out next month (very similar in
style to Master of Orion 2).

So theres a few interesting new games for anyone into sci-fi fleet
games.	After years of waiting its finally starting to happen.
--
Niall Gilsenan,

Prev: Re: FH Machine People Next: Japanese Ship