Prev: Re: Achmaenids vs. Romans Next: Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust...

Re: Martian Terraforming

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 01:28:46 +1000
Subject: Re: Martian Terraforming

Ground Zero Games wrote:

> Personally I like the B5 concept of Mars - settled with domed
colonies, but
> still pretty inhospitable, but YMMV - this ISN'T and [OFFICIAL] (tm)
> pronouncement!!

I like it too.
Mars isn't a Goer in the long term: too small to hold an atmosphere.
Venus is actually a much better bet: just seed the clouds with the right
gene-engineered bacteria, and wait 10,000 years.

But in the short term (<1000 years) Mars is the best extra-terrestrial
bet: cheap to get to, water, carbon and oxygen available, close enough
so you can communicate via e-mail...

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: Achmaenids vs. Romans Next: Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust...