Prev: Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust... Next: Re: Empire Building

Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust...

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 19:58:19 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust...

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Brian Burger wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Donald Hosford wrote:
>
> > Brian Burger wrote:
> >
> > > Most likely, is that some sort of alliance is worked out, if the
> > > 'Americans' can be made to see reason. Trash the Kra'vak, then
sort out
> > > human-vs-human problems...
> >
> > Yes, my first probability.	It seems unlikely that the NAC would say
no, or
> > the Americans to be that angry after all those years...
>
> I can't see the NAC agreeing to give up territory on Terra, though.
They
> didn't conquer it, they have a fairly solid claim to be the successor
to a
> legit American govt - plus they've been in control of the whole ex-US
for
> 140 years or something like that. 9/10ths of the law...

maybe the Americans-in-Spaaace could invade Airstrip One, aka the
british
isles. after all, we all know that modern americans are really british
(the war of independence was, after all, won by british people against
the
armies of a german king), and modern brits really american (fathered by
GIs during ww2 and raised on a diet of imported american media and junk
food). thus, what could be more natural than the americans reclaiming
their rightful home (britain), leaving the british in posession of
america?

Tom

Prev: Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust... Next: Re: Empire Building