Prev: Re: OU/NAC- Hawaii? Re: Achmaenid Persian Empire Next: Re: [FT]Near Future Equipment

Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust...

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 03:01:25 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust...

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> Donald Hosford wrote:
>
> Hm. Strange file format - or, rather, the file wants to be opened by
> ALIFE.EXE (which it claims is "required to read this type of .ASC
> files", which is obviously wrong since Wordpad works just as well :-/
)

Sorry that I can't help you there...does the ALIFE.EXE program have a
way
to tell it not to do that?  (ie: tell it to stop monitoring for that
file
format?)

> > This file is my take on the United States.	(They secretly build
> > starships, and leave the solar system in 2053.  They later return in
> > 2188.)
>
> Well...
>
> The comment about "I can't see how the NAC would say no" to ceding the
> USA is... strange, to say the least.
>
> Put it like this: How would the current US government react if, during
> WWII, all of a sudden the (well-armed and numerous) descendants of
> Sitting Bull turned up out of nowhere and demanded that all the Plains
> states be immediately turned over to them, or else...? The situation
is
> a very close analogue to your storyline.
>
> Regards,
>
> Oerjan Ohlson
> oerjan.ohlson@telia.com
>
> "Life is like a sewer.
>   What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
> - Hen3ry

Well I did say that it seemed unlikely that the Americans would remain
that
mad for 135 years...They would probably work out some kind of economic
trade deal, and leave it at that.

Besides, the various earth nations have been fighting the Kra'Vak for
the
last 4-5 years, and they are slowly losing ground....

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: OU/NAC- Hawaii? Re: Achmaenid Persian Empire Next: Re: [FT]Near Future Equipment