Prev: Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust... Next: Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust...

Re: Achmaenid Persian Empire

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:20:04 +1000
Subject: Re: Achmaenid Persian Empire

G'day Brendan,

>Ah, ha! The Persian empire I'm familiar with.

So you weren't taking the mick after all? Sorry about that assumption
<blush>

>With regard to getting them into space, they would have to be an
>offshoot of the Islamic Federation, as it is this area of control they
>would come from.
>
>How about this?

The concept doesn't sound too bad, but its not exactly what I had in
mind -
I was aiming more for NRE level of galactic superpower, which is almost
completely incompatible with standard GZGverse ;)

Ahh, the thought of the SG equivalent of the Immortals ;)

However, I think I'll leave well enough alone (one of my pet hates with
Stargate - which I teased Derek about incessantly - was the fact that
they
had "regurgitated civilisation of the week") and concentrate on the FSE
and
IAS (where my meager imagination may just stand the remotest of chances
of
coming up with something original, sigh).

Thanks for the effort though.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust... Next: Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust...