Prev: Re: [DS2] Vacuum Next: Re: Vacuum

Ship Design - FT2 and FT FB

From: "Mycenius" <mycenius@i...>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 14:18:07 +1200
Subject: Ship Design - FT2 and FT FB

Hello,

I've just recently joined the list as a group of us are getting into FT
for
the first time. A couple of us are using B5 fleets and a couple of
others
conventional FT stuff....

I found Richard Bax's excellent revamped B5 stuff to fit the new FT FB
ship
design and points system, which is great because we will be using B5
fleets
against FT fleets as well as against more 'traditional' opposition.  8-)

I also downloaded the FT Ship Builder program by Bill Willcox (which
seems
to be the right one as it has Class 1, 2, 3, rather than A, B, C, for
weapons). Although if I may say so it took 3 attempts because the
available
downloads are _not_ clearly identified which version they belong to nor
how
old they are... Bill's is marked "Ship Builder", and older FT1 one is
marked
"Ship Builder 2", and elsewhere I found the SB 2 version listed as "Ship
Builder" too! All very confusing... 8-(

Anyway I only have a copy of TBP's EFSB at present (and yes I'm about to
order FT2 & FT FB) - I was wondering if someone would mind explaining
whether the difference between FT2 and FT FB is more than just the ship
design system? Presumably it is points cost to, but does it include
weaponry
changes, such as the 6 instead of 4 fire arcs, or is this part of FT2 to
start with?

Many TIA for you patience and I look forward to learning a few "Tips and
Tricks" from any FT old hands out there!!  8-)

Cheers

John

"In war one sees his own troubles and not those of the enemy."
- Napoleon

Mycenius's Military History Homepage
   http://members.xoom.com/mycenius/
"Italianisti" - Italian Military History Discussion Forum
   http://www.egroups.com/list/italianisti/

John Moher, Auckland, New Zealand.

Prev: Re: [DS2] Vacuum Next: Re: Vacuum