Prev: Re: photographing minis... Next: Re: (FT) Meson battery, armor-penetration missiles

RE: [DS2] Vacuum

From: "C. Downes-Ward" <c.downes-ward@i...>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 20:13:33 +0100
Subject: RE: [DS2] Vacuum

I did some thinking on this some time ago, based on the way that
atmosphere
affects wepaons in Striker and Striker II, the best I could come up with

was treating all hits from projectile weapons as if they happened at
close
range and HEL's as if tehy were one size class bigger.
Using the Striker figures it suggested increasing the range of DFFG's by
factor of 1000, this would probably convert into treating all combat
with
DFFG's as being close range in a vaccum. This really depends on what
your
PSB for DFFG's is.
Other thoughs:
Infantry should be more vunerable. CFE and HMT powerplants are
non-starters
too.
How much does it cost to vaccum proof a turret ring? or in other words I

suspect that vehicles will cost more.
I could not decide what happened to conventional artillery, especially
HEF
rounds, presumably any shrapnel will travel further and won't slow down
but
the blast effect will be very restricted.
If you use the ptional abandoned vehicles rule from p45 I can see the
crew
being less likely to bail out if they can't breath outside.
Should there be a possibility of any "Damaged" result being converted
into
a knockout due to life support comprimise.