Prev: Re: Twilight Next: Re: Full Thrust

Full Thrust

From: "Andrew Evans" <J_Andrew_Evans@b...>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 09:04:34 +0100
Subject: Full Thrust

I just organised our first Full Thrust game between my two sons.   Quite
good although in play the movements and weaponry give very much on the
"aircraft" model of space combat.    As I have previously noted,
although
not on this list (!) I feel space combat "really" would be more like
old-sailing ship combat with gravity wells providing the effects of
"wind"
and the game being much more positional.   Full thrust is far more about
speed and the ability to turn to effectively bring weapons to bear - not
mention guessing the move of your opponent

The "annoying" bit was my eldest son kept moving his ships to light
speed
whenever he started losing.   He mostly died but took swaths of his
brother's ships with him.    Since we were playing with mostly Light
ships,
mainly "escort" class with only one light cruiser on each side this gave
(for me) unsatisfying ends to the games where everyone got destroyed by
FTL jump failure.

Is this a problem with Full Thrust for others - people using FTL failure
as
a weapon?

Interested to hear back.

A+
From: J Andrew Evans

Prev: Re: Twilight Next: Re: Full Thrust