Prev: Re: Strategic Thrust using BR25 Next: Re: OT: Did anyone see Horatio Hornblower on A&E last night?

Re: [FT]Time line...

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 18:22:21 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [FT]Time line...

On Sun, 4 Apr 1999, Donald Hosford wrote:

> Thomas Anderson wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, Donald Hosford wrote:
> >
> > > I have nearly compleated the timeline for my own unoffical space
> > > nation...
> >
> > that would be a job for ...
> >
> > the unofficial unofficial GZG-L Web Repository!
>
> Ok, how do I do it?

well, you have two options.

(1) by ftp. for this trick, you will need an FTP program on your
computer.
these are usually pretty easy to find: unix has a tool called "ftp"; i
don't think the mac or windows has an ftp tool with it, but you can grab
one off the web. i have WS_FTP: it's rubbish, but it works. a search for
"ftp" on www.shareware.com gets loads of hits.

open a connection to the server "ftp.xoom.com", and log in with username
"gzg_l" and password "nacesu". make a new folder with an appropriate
name
(usually the short name of your state, eg "nac", "esu"), and put the
files
into that directory. how this is done depends on your ftp tool - consult
your manual.

(2) send it to me by email and i'll do the ftp for you.

Tom

Prev: Re: Strategic Thrust using BR25 Next: Re: OT: Did anyone see Horatio Hornblower on A&E last night?