Prev: OT : Interesting looking Computer Fleet combat game Next: Re: OT: Did anyone see Horatio Hornblower on A&E last night?

Re: OT: "Aluminum" Paint Jobs.

From: Tony Francis <tony@g...>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 11:58:22 +0100
Subject: Re: OT: "Aluminum" Paint Jobs.

Brian Burger wrote:

> Am I really the 'Last Enamel Painter'? Seems that way, talking with
other
> gamers locally...I love 'em - good solid colors, great metallics, you
can
> get some great effects. (My enamel yellow can cover a black primercoat
in
> one pass. No acrylic I've heard of can manage that...)

No, I'm still flying the flag of smelly, messy enamel paints as well for
several
reasons : 1) I like the more solid, opaque coverage you get with
enamels; 2) all
of my older models are enamel painted so trying to match colours on any
new ones
would be a bit of a 'mare; 3) I've spent a long time getting used to
enamels and
don't really want to relearn the techniques on a new type of paint; 4) I
own over
100 tins of Humbrol enamel - the investment required to replace all of
these with
acrylics would be huge. So I'll put up with the smell and mess for a
while yet.

Incidentally, I've put some photos of one of my converted fighter
carrier models
on the Brigade website :

http://www.tonyfrancis.free-online.co.uk/brigadeframes.htm

Follow the links to the spaceships page and then to the Dayan gallery
page.

Tony