Prev: RE: [SG2]: GSM/P Question Next: Re: Strategic Thrust using BR25

Re: [SG2]: GSM/P Question

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 19:50:19 +1200
Subject: Re: [SG2]: GSM/P Question

>Remember the British troops fighting in the Falklands war used guided
>missiles against infantry... I seem to remember reading there was an
>incident in which Argentinian trenches and machine gun bunkers were
>attacked by British guided missile teams, to great effect - primarily
>'cause it freaked the Argentinians out.  I think this was when the
British
>officer went forward to accept a surrender and was machinegunned.  The
>British soldiers said "right, then" and opened up with their anti-tank
>missiles, and the Argentinians quickly abandoned their positions.
    If the Argentinians were fighting from trenches and sandbagged
positions, much like a BUNKER, a antitank missile would be just the
right
weapon to destroy their BUNKER. This situation of destroying a POINT
target
with an antitank weapon is covered in the Star Grunt rules. I don't
think
there's any need to write up special rules to cover this kind of
situation.
    If you firing an antitank weapon at a infantry team, dice randomly
for
which figure is hit and remove it from play.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz ICQ: 26227169
Blind See-Saw, DSII, DSII FAQ, GZG-L email FAQ, FUDGE, UY, MSH & WBG:
    http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/

Prev: RE: [SG2]: GSM/P Question Next: Re: Strategic Thrust using BR25