Prev: Re: Other Solar Sys maps Re: Strategic Thrust using BR25 Next: [ot] theory + practivce of canonization Re: Space Rules Voting at The Miniatures Page

Re: Other Solar Sys maps Re: Strategic Thrust using BR25

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 15:47:32 -0500
Subject: Re: Other Solar Sys maps Re: Strategic Thrust using BR25

devans@uneb.edu wrote:
> I've tried dowels with markings, 3-d grids made from closet
> hanging shelves, stuff I don't want to mention, etc. I don't
> think there's a good way to do 3-d, but I do salute noble
> folk that have tried.

	I too have tried many things for 3-D, and none
	of them work very well.
	BFM probably has the least clunky system.

	My weirdest 3-D system used red-blue anaglyph
	glasses, and weird playing counters.
	The counters had an image of the ship in red, and
	were encased in a transparent cellophane sleeve
	with the image in blue.  You would slide the
	counter in the sleeve to adjust the ship's
	apparent level.

	No, it didn't work very well.