Prev: Re: [WHY] Player list wanted Next: OT: B5W question

RE: B5W question

From: Nathan Pettigrew <nathanp@M...>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 11:43:53 -0800
Subject: RE: B5W question

IMHO:

It's a hex based (although I think they just came out with a vector
system)
representation of ship to ship combat in the B5 universe.  The
complexity is
between Full Thrust and Starfleet Battles, closer to the SFB side.  The
couple of games I've played have been very slow paced even with just a
few
ships.	The level of detail is high (allocating damage to the section of
the
ship where the weapon would have actually hit, allocating power to
weapons
and systems, armor on individual systems, etc...) but the book keeping
is
very time consuming.

It's not a bad game, but more than I want to go through when I just want
have fun blowing a friend's cruisers out of space.

They've just released a 2nd edition that's supposed to tie up a few
loose
ends and add some new rules.  Haven't actually seen it yet.

The minis aren't bad either.

Thanks,
Nathan