Prev: Re: Any FT in game stores near Wash DC? Next: Re: [OT] Ground Zero Games to play in Rhode Island

Re: [SG]?Styrofoam walls...

From: Ndege Diamond <nezach@e...>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 22:27:52 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG]?Styrofoam walls...

At 11:36 PM 3/26/99 -0500, you wrote:

I made a bunker for Stargrunt out of packing styrafoam recently.  I
sanded
the styrafoam down with some fine grit then covered it with a few layers
of
my special texture mix to fill in the space between the beads.	It is
1/3
spackling paste, 1/3 Elmer's White Glue All, and 1/3 water.  It looks
better than paper or card IMO and it protects the styrafoam so you can
spraypaint it.	After sanding down the texture I made some firing slits
out
of plastic card and free floppy disks (thanks AOL). The guide tracks for
the metal disk guard ready made for firing slits.  The insides of the
plastic floppy case have some interesting textures that I have used for
other sci fi terrain as well.

>My brother and I resently bought some computer speakers, and some of
the
>packing seemed useable for my starwars stormtrooper mini's.
> I have three pieces of styrofoam sheet about 1/4" thick, by about
6.25"
>wide, by 15.75" long.
>I was thinking of using it to make some modular interior walls.  I
could
>base each wall section on some corrigated cardboard, and cover them
with
>paper so I could decorate 'em.
>
> Does anyone have any other, or better ideas?	 Has anyone heard of
>anything similar?
>
>Any help acceptable.
>
>Donald Hosford

Ndege Diamond

We are all here because we are not all there.
Nezach(at)earthlink(dot)net

Prev: Re: Any FT in game stores near Wash DC? Next: Re: [OT] Ground Zero Games to play in Rhode Island