Prev: Re: [OT] BFG Questions ? Next: Re: Any FT in game stores near Wash DC?

Re: [OT] BFG Questions ?

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 06:46:59 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT] BFG Questions ?

***
> I know I am going to get some flack for this, but....
>
>	  I bought the GW two fleet deal. You get the BFG box set, 3
blisters of
> Cobras.  3 Blisters of Idolators, a Retributor battleship, a Desolator
> battleship.  You also get a choice of either geting 2 Blackstone
> Fortresses, or a Blackstone and a Battleship.  You also get a lot of
> mine, fighter, and bomber minis.  As well as a nice looking pewter
pin.

Sorry, but what GW two fleet deal is this?  This sounds extremely
interesting.
Can I have some more details?  Always interested in package deals.
Thanks.
***

I've obviously gone a little fuzzy on the 'deal'. I thought you had your
choice
of the original box plus stuff to make a larger fleet, either Imperial
OR Chaos.

I'm pretty certain it was a pre-release offer, and, in US, $120-$130.

Whatever, I wasn't that impressed with cost 'savings', but Mark's right,
good
way to get a large block of figs fast. I'm jealous of the pin, though.
;->=

As for flack, if you mean buying mail order or local, it's GW that
should get
the flack for undercutting they're distribution. You go, guy.

I did buy my copy direct from local guy. You gotta love, and support, a
guy
that sez, 'here, Doug, I don't need these...' and 'these' turn out to be
fair-sized unit of Citadel Melibonean cavalry.

***
I went for this deal mainly because I need this minis for my Gothic
Thrust game at GenCon.
***

Mark, have you gotten anything worked up for posting about your new
rules
variation, or are you going foist 'em on the players without a warning?
;->=

I think I've seen hints here and there, but, after a psuedo-demo on Sat
of
GW's rules, I think I'd like to have some FT-based ones to show folks.

***
I reckon someone's pulling your leg, there aren't any ships with drill
bits for
noses.
***

Well, SpaceFleet had an Imperial ship with a drill bit coming out of a
'mouth'
at the prow. And two claws on other side. Truly sick, and would do fair
as an
Ork vessel.

The Ork Hulk picture built by Chambers has a claw on one side, and an
extendible
missle rack on the other; pleasant to see bits of the old SpaceFleet
line
(Tyrant
tail, for one) carried into the new, even if only as garbage.

I wonder how many folks will pick up on the part of 'you can build your
own...'

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [OT] BFG Questions ? Next: Re: Any FT in game stores near Wash DC?