Prev: Re: Operational scale Next: Re: Operational scale

Re: [FT]Variable Fire Arcs...

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 10:54:09 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT]Variable Fire Arcs...

Donald Hosford wrote:

> Ok everyone...after I asked about those extra arcs,  I got to thinking
> (I know -- very dangerous!).	So I threw togather some ideas, and here
> they are:  I am braced for the commentarys...8D

...Snip...JTL
>   NO ship may carry NO MORE than 2 weapons
 with 12 arc value! (Means it can shoot in any direction).
...snip...JTL
> (A note to Jon (GZG):  It isn't possible to abuse these arcs
by buying all 360 degree weapons...First the weapons would be
 very large
...Snip...JTL
 Second, the laws of physics says so...
Anyone who insists on using ships with more than two 360 degree
weapons and is using these rules is CHEATING!  Enough said!)

> END!

     (Note: I don't really disagree with the concepts presented
in the text.   And if I was presented with these ships as an
enemy force... I really don't think I would care.)

CHEAT DESIGN CENTRAL IS ONLINE.

1. I think the correct phrase is: In my view, no ship should
   be equipped with more the two 360 arc weapons.

2. You are thinking in two axis mode (yaw and roll),
   you forgot the pitch axis.

3. A large number of 360 arc weapons can be mounted on a ship
   in a line (think star destroyer bottom), and all have 360
   arc coverage.   The secret is to do pitch corrections to
   uncover the required arcs for fire.	 These corrections
   are (in the scale of FT/MT/FB) so small that thrust (points)
   would not be required to make them.

CDC is offline.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Operational scale Next: Re: Operational scale