Prev: RE: [FT] Quick Q: Class 2 arcs Next: Re:Ship Names of the Nations

Re: [FT] Quick Q: Class 2 arcs

From: j a c <journeyman2000@j...>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:07:25 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Quick Q: Class 2 arcs

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:02:48 -0000 "Tim Jones"
<Tim.Jones@Smallworld.co.uk> writes:
>Strictly speaking you can only buy extra arcs for that class per
>system
>and its always 3 extra arcs for cost of 1 per beam system. Splitting
>cost
>between N systems is not a precedent we want to start.

In this case, it doesnt create any fractional accounting, and though I
have to look to be certain, this may be the only weapon it might work
for.  I don't see the problem here.

>The granularity of the system just isn't fine enough for the FX arc
>you
>propose for this class of weapon

huh????????  You gots six fire arcs, and cant fire into the rear-most
(unless you use the optional rule)  Why not take advantage of the cost
situation to make better use of your money?

, but I don't agree with changing the
>design
>rules. Its limitation is explicit in the design rules, the arc upgrade
>cost
>per system is clearly stated.
>
>-= tim jones =-

Changing the design rule has little overall effect.  It doesnt apply in
general to most weapons.  It not like a proposal that adds another 250
die rolls and a set of charts to the game.

Jim Clem
Full Thrust Site http://www.geocities.com/area51/stargate/2891/ncs.html

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Prev: RE: [FT] Quick Q: Class 2 arcs Next: Re:Ship Names of the Nations