Prev: Re: [FH] Dollars to Credits Next: Re: [FT] Playtest of Fulton's MT Missile rules proposal

Re: [FT] KV Fighters - was Re: Schoon's KV Playtest Designs

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 20:29:54 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] KV Fighters - was Re: Schoon's KV Playtest Designs

Denny Graver <cyberdruss@clara.net> wrote:

>Expendable Squadrons(Fa'Tk'San)
>Those designed to do the decent thing to raise the status of their
>Subfamilies back home. They are not armoured, the additional space
freed up
>being replaced with
>extra weaponry  and explosives. This counts as Interceptor weaponry, ie
a +1
>attack vs fighters but also vs ships.

I recall we had a discussion about "kamikazee" attacks some time in the
distant past.

You would have to price a suicide-capable fighter extremely high to
match
its damage potential. Personally, I dislike the idea of suicide fighter
runs, but that's my bias.

>Expendable squadrons may still attack ships when they have no
endurance,
>but are expended 1 fighter attack (player chooses the number).  When
>attacking ships in this way, each fighter surviving gets a 3d6 Kra'Vak
KPW
>(Kinetic Projectile Weapon) attack as per MT26.

I'd say that they'd have to have the endurance to make the attack.
They're
maneuvering, if anything, more than a fighter simply making an attack
run.

Schoon

Prev: Re: [FH] Dollars to Credits Next: Re: [FT] Playtest of Fulton's MT Missile rules proposal