Prev: RE: Schoon's KV Playtest Designs Next: Re: [OT/FT] My Wing Commander review...

[FH] Dollars to Credits

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 19:23:41 -0500
Subject: [FH] Dollars to Credits

Given cost of US ships (in 1990 dollars) to cost of FT ships (Credits),
it
appears that 1 Credit is about $3.  Note that the real inflation rate is
roughly 6% (despite  the Official Federally Announced figures) which
means
that the value of the 2002$1.00 will be about 1990$0.50, so adjust your
figures as needed.  (I base things on 1988-1990 figures as they're
easier to
find than 1998 figures).

One US Division (10-11 battalions) costs about $10 Billion (personnel,
hardware, housing, combat and non-combat support).  If I recall
correctly
about a third of that should be up-front, and amortize the rest over a
ten
year period.  That would be 3300 MCr -to purchase--which means it 's
about
right, a division is supposed to cost about as much as a capital
ship--and
660MCr per year to maintain.  Those of you who use brigades or other
formations, figure about 330 MCr per battalion for line infantry (that
includes each battalion's share of divisional engineer, signals,
artillery,
etc.).

Prev: RE: Schoon's KV Playtest Designs Next: Re: [OT/FT] My Wing Commander review...