Prev: Re: WARHEAD IMPACT! (was Re: (Con) GZGECC2: JON-DON'T READ!) Next: Re: WARHEAD IMPACT! (was Re: (Con) GZGECC2: JON-DON'T READ!)

Re: Dirtside II FMA Enhancement

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 12:16:17 +1300
Subject: Re: Dirtside II FMA Enhancement

James Whitehead <djwj@eazy.net> wrote:
>The 2 less for a rear attack dosen't follow the basic armor rules. The
rear
>armor is the same as the side armor. Anything else is a personal house
rule.
>I am trying to stay within the confines of the original DS2 rulebook.
    That's right, the rear being two levels less than the front armour
is
one of my house rules, but it does seem to fit because underneath armour
(for defending against mines) is two less than front armour, and on
modern
tanks, rear armour is about the same as underneath armour. Having a
softer
rear also encourages encircling manouevers - not that the defender wants
that! :-)

>After much thought and headahche this might work better.
    That's only really needed if you and your opponent decide to add the
dice together which takes longer. I would just choose the option of
picking
the highest dice each time, which I think is quicker and gets rid of the
bell curve, which I dislike. But each to their own... :-)

>*Counted off the yellow chits, which are the same as the green chits,
which
>are half of the red chits.)
    There seems to be a rounding error with the yellow and green chits.
Just
like there definitely is with the criticals! :-) See my site, the chit
draw
table. This makes damage chits average 1.6 at 100% effectiveness. But
this
doesn't change the math much.

Thanks for working it out! I should be able to include your system soon.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz ICQ: 26227169
Blind See-Saw, DSII, DSII FAQ, GZG-L email FAQ, FUDGE, UY, MSH & WBG:
    http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/