Prev: Tournament details for Conquest'99 Next: Re: [FT] Playtest of Fulton's MT Missile rules proposal

Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 20:10:10 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

Robertson, Brendan wrote:

> The Sopwith Camel was the main culprit here, it had (guessing, I don't
> have a reference handy) a 2/3 turning radius to starboard because of
the
> rotary engine.

     Actually the turning circle is the same in either direction.
The difference is in the ability of the plane to reach the
attitude where the maximum rate of turn can be utilized.
     I.E. the Camel and Fokker Triplane rolled faster to the
left than to the right and therefore the plane would reach the
maximum rate of turn attitude more quickly.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Tournament details for Conquest'99 Next: Re: [FT] Playtest of Fulton's MT Missile rules proposal