Prev: Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem Next: Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 18:07:02 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

>G'day guys,
>
>	I guess this topic is dead and buried already, but Derek and
>I were discussing it last night and he thought I should repeat
>here what I said last night. So here goes.

[mass snippage]

The problem as I see it is that a high thrust ship can rotate and use a
push to essentially increase its "main drive."

I agree with others that this is an abuse of the rules - though I wasn't
above using it in Jerry's first FB race ;-)

I think that a simpler solution, more in the spirit of the rules, is
that
pushes may not be within 90° of the initial movement vector. This
maximises
other things that you can do with them while preventing abuse.

Schoon

Prev: Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem Next: Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem