Prev: Re: [FT] Solar Thrust: Strategic spaceflight Next: Re: [FT] Playtest of Fulton's MT Missile rules proposal

RE: [FT] Solar Thrust: Strategic spaceflight

From: Keith Watt <kwatt@a...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 13:03:56 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Subject: RE: [FT] Solar Thrust: Strategic spaceflight

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Tim Jones wrote:

> Slight user interface design flaw, but this does now
> work when you put in the arrival time, you also have to enter
> the rocket exhaust velocity to get mass / fuel ratio. Its
> because I got defaults I didn't think I needed to add anything.

Okay, well I can have it calculate the time needed for a Hohmann
transfer,
I think I'll have it use that as the default.  I'll pick a reasonable
engine to default the exhaust velocity to.

> Making the entry fields more distinct and having a clue
> box describing the need to enter values would help.

As I mentioned, this is actually going to illustrate an article on the
subject I'm writing, so that will help a great deal.  I just thought
people might like to play with it while I'm writing..

Thanks for the suggestions, they make good sense!

TTYL..
Keith

kwatt@astro.umd.edu
Univ. of Maryland Astronomy

Prev: Re: [FT] Solar Thrust: Strategic spaceflight Next: Re: [FT] Playtest of Fulton's MT Missile rules proposal