Prev: Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2

Re: [OFFICIAL][DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 10:04:00 +1300
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL][DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2

Have a look at my site for some enhancements that look like this:

Damage Chit Chart
I've also worked out a damage chit chart. This is best used by being
printed
out, in landscape mode with no headers or footers. Then, if you want to,
you
can colour in the green, red and yellow areas using a coloured felt tip
pen.
	This chart is used for those times when you've mislaid your
damage
chits or you can't find a clean cup anywhere! Just roll a D20 and a D12
and
cross reference to find the chit you would have drawn. What's a D20?
It's
the die you had no use for when playing Star Grunt II!
	This chart allows an interesting variation in chit drawing. Our
house rule is that, on the first chit draw, we use a D12 and a D20 as I
indicate above. On any subsequent chit draws for that weapon system, we
use
a D10 instead. This means that special chits are only generated on the
first
draw (roll). We did this, because we noticed that large weapon systems
had
too high a chance of getting special chits, including Firer System Down.
	With artillery, we ignore all FSD results, as they are highly
unlikely in real life.

Quick Chit Chart
Try saying that fast!
1D10 Chit Special
1 0 Escape!
2 1 SD
3 1 SD
4 1 SD
5 1 SD
6 2 Mobility
7 2 Mobility
8 2 Mobility
9 3 Boom!
10 3 Boom!

1D8 Validity
1, 2 Green
3, 4 Yellow
5, 6 Red
7, 8 Red

	This chart is used to help simplify chit rolling and to make
things
a little bit quicker. For the initial chit draw, roll 1D6, 1D10 and 1D8.
If
the 1D6 result is a "6", read the 1D10 result on the special column,
otherwise read the chit column. For subsequent draws, only roll 1D10 and
1D8. Read the results from the appropriate columns to form the chit
values.
The "Escape!" result means that the target has escaped from the special
effect.
	You might notice that the Firer System Down (FSD) result is
missing.
We've removed it from the chart to simplify it and added it to the
firing
procedure. Our new direct fire procedure is as follows: Roll the
attacker's
fire control dice and the defender rolls their defence dice. If the
attacker's roll is higher, draw chits or roll our simplified damage
dice. If
the attacker's roll is equal or lower, the attacker has missed.
	If the attacker's roll is "1", there is a chance of a FSD
result.
Roll the element's quality die against it's leadership rating. Success
indicates that the element has missed. Failure indicates that the
element
has incurred a FSD result.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz ICQ: 26227169
Blind See-Saw, DSII, DSII FAQ, GZG-L email FAQ, FUDGE, UY, MSH & WBG:
    http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
1234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
	 1	   2	     3	       4	 5	   6	     7