Prev: Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST... Next: Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley

Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley

From: Channing Faunce <channing@g...>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 13:24:23 -0500
Subject: Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley

Thomas Anderson wrote:

> the trouble is, a ship's turning ability is not proportional to its
linear
> acceleration ability; longer (ie bigger) ships turn more slowly. i
think a
> ship twice as long turns one quarter as fast (ie, takes 4 times
longer)
> but don't quote me on that. thus, a linear scale between angular and
> linear acceleration is somewhat incorrect. still, as has been noted,
this
> is a game.

But for larger ships, you've purchased larger engines already - 1 Thust
Point
for a Mass 10 ship Does not equal 1 Thrust Point for a Mass 100 ship.
Since engines purchaced of for any size ship are proportional to the
size of
the ship, wouldn't they be able to pivot the ship equally?

Chan

Prev: Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST... Next: Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley