Prev: Re: [FT] Houserules for bringing MT missiles into FB Next: Re: [FT] Basing Fighters

Re: [FT] Basing Fighters

From: -MWS- <hauptman@c...>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 19:34:30 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Basing Fighters

At 09:45 PM 3/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I know that this question has been asked at least once before, but it's
>new year, and there all kinds of new people on the list, so....
>
>How do you base your fighters?  Until now, I've been mounting a
cardboard
>triangle on a GW flight base, and mounting a figher on each corner.
It's
>not bad, but I want to do better.  Does anyone do anything particularly
>brilliant that doesn't require an engineering degree?

Well, I've been pretty happy with the system I came up with - a
Battletech
hex base and some brass rod.  I cut the rod into three 1" lengths and
three
1&1/4" lengths and arrange them into arcs on the base.	This allows me
slip a standard Chessex 12mm "cube die" into the back area of the base
as a
fighter counter.

Pics are available on StarFighter Command in the Gallery page under the
"new pics" heading:

	http://www.sfcmd.com/fullthrust/minis/

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
      The Gear Locker - http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear
	  Full Thrust - http://www.sfcmd.com/fullthrust

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.

Prev: Re: [FT] Houserules for bringing MT missiles into FB Next: Re: [FT] Basing Fighters