Prev: Re: [HIST] IAS Population Next: Re: [HIST] IAS Population

Re: [HIST] IAS Population

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 22:16:21 -0500
Subject: Re: [HIST] IAS Population

Laserlight wrote:

> >>I think there was something about "the largest off-Earth population
= 180
> >>million" being in the published Word.
> >
> >I didn't realise that such a limit existed, sorry. By the way, where
was
> the
> >word published
>
> dunno.  John Atkinson posted it, IIRC.  A quick once over of DS2 and
FT
> timelines fails to spot it, which likely means it's in SG.  Or I just
didn't
> see it.

There's a mention _somewhere_ of the point where Albion reaches the same
population as England.	Which is currently in the neighborhood of 160
million and the demographic trends do not indicate a lot of population
growth.  Perhaps even a net decrease what with Brits moving out to the
Americas to administrate, garisson, and recolonize depopulated areas
from the war, and then to the various colonies.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: [HIST] IAS Population Next: Re: [HIST] IAS Population