Prev: Re: [ft2.5] armour v hulls Next: Re: Anyone use Liquitex Paints?

Anyone use Liquitex Paints?

From: Kevin Walker <sage@m...>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 01:21:34 -0600
Subject: Anyone use Liquitex Paints?

Has anyone on the list (or off the list) have experience painting minis
with Liquitext Acrylics (or any other artist quality acrylics).

I've been a miniature enthusiast for over 18 years (not long by some
people's standards).  I've finally gotten fed up with Game$ Work$hop's
Citadel brand paints and inks and Ral Parthas stuff.  Don't get me
wrong,
both lines have there good (and bad) points.  Unfortunately for my
liking
they dry to quickly, giving me little time to work with them once I've
transferred the paint to my palette.  Another problem I've found is the
consistancy from lot to lot.  I've also used Testor's Model Masters,
Floquil and Polly S.  With the Polly S and Floquil lines going through
some major changes and the watery nature of Testor's line I fine myself
longing for something else.

I realize there will be a number of differences...  and that I may need
to take some classes on art for once ;-)   However, that aside - Is it
possible to use these mediums as a means of finishing minis off.

Also, what lines of inks do people like?  I'm really tired of being oh
so
careful in handling Citadels paint pots only to have ink leak around the

sides of the cap when I tighten it up.

Thanks in advance to those that might be able to help.

Kevin Walker			 Mac / Windows Developer
sage@millcomm.com		 Software Engineer
Rochester  MN  USA		 Currently Available for Hire!!!

Prev: Re: [ft2.5] armour v hulls Next: Re: Anyone use Liquitex Paints?