Prev: Re: Replensihing Fighters Next: Con Today

Re: [FT] NI / FCS and other things (long)

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:09:21 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] NI / FCS and other things (long)

Izenberg, Noam wrote:

> Short lived indeed. Assuming this theft could have happened, the "war"
> would consiste of a pusuit force following the escaping theft ship to
> its first jump stop and obliterating it. Now if there were NCS
> friendlies at that stop waiting to protect it, then there would be a
> battle, and pending the outcome there would be an international
> incident. If the NCS got away with the data, there would be raids on
NCS
> science and construction facilities, and any NCS stealth ship bult or
> under construction would be targetted by raids.

*whistle* Wanna borrow a BatRon?  Ever since the last IF War, we've been
needing some additional live-fire exercises.

Maybe we could even annex the NCS as a protectorate. . . Not in keeping
with the theme (haha), but at least we could force them to insert
translating algorithms to remove any trace of a drawl from their
e-mail.

> That being said, some minor powers (like my conception of NI) base
their
> survival in part on being on the technological cutting edge. That has

Only a few hundred million Romans, with a few Corps, but those are the
best-equipped troops out there, IMNSHO (If anyone differs, they are free
to try to change my mind at the Con--I'm bringing all my stuff for some
one-off games.)

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Replensihing Fighters Next: Con Today