Prev: Re: [BFG] Battlefleet Gothic pics -- more up Next: Chiltern Questions

Re: [semi-OT] News on Jon White, ex-list admin.

From: "Jonathan White" <zzalsjfw@f...>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:29:54 BST
Subject: Re: [semi-OT] News on Jon White, ex-list admin.

On 25 Feb 99, at 22:44, Ground Zero Games wrote:
> I had a letter a couple of days ago from our ex-Listfuhrer, Jon White
-
> sadly Jon hasn't resubbed to the new list location yet, because he had
> nasty road accident just after Christmas and is still recovering. I
don't
> have any more details, but he asked me to post this message just to
let
> everyone know what is going on, and why we haven't had any posts from
him
> recently. I think everyone will join me in wishing Jon a very speedy
and
> successful recovery.
Hey, cool, does this mean my catalogue's in the post then :)? As it
turns out
I was cleared to return to work a few days after I sent the letter to
GZG,
which I wasn't expecting. It turns out my according to my GP, far from
my arm
needing rest he actually thinks typing (or trying to type ) with it will
be
good physiotherapy..

>  With the tragic loss of Adam a couple of years back, then this
happening
> to Jon W., the Listfuhrer job looks like it could well be jinxed -
watch
> your back, Matt....!	:-/
I am happy to report that the accident was nowhere near fatal although I
did
look a bit of a state for a week or two. I don't know what the stats are
but
given the laws of probability it would now seem that Matt is actually
less
likely to have an accident than anyone else. Not that I would suggest he

takes up bungie jumping or anything. It's my experience that probability

doesn't like people taking the mickey.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone.

				TTFN
					Jon
"Did you have a good world when you died? Good enough to base a movie
on?"
    - The Doors
Jonathan White, COS group, Manchester University

Prev: Re: [BFG] Battlefleet Gothic pics -- more up Next: Chiltern Questions