Prev: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page) Next: NI and NCS shootout.

Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 18:39:27 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)

>I would posit that if such a
>>theft were somehow to occur, either military confrontation would very
>>quickly ensue (say, raids on NCS research and construction
>>facilities),
>>or energies would be devoted to sabotage efforts to gain from the
>>theft.

>Shortly after the Second Battle of LTT 6104, the NCS got wind of the NI
>having some sort of stealth tech.  Having been unable to obtain or
>successfully copy the cloaking tech of the Big 4, the NCSN mounted an
>operation to obtain it.  The details are, needless to say, classified,
>but they managed to get hold of it somehow.

  NCS evidently tried it at Alarishi Naval Yards as well.  Even found
it,
probably thanks to the fact that one of our major shipyards is New
Pascagoula.  Regrettably, the agent seems to have run off with his
find...and without his pressure suit.  Our condolences to his family.
  Noam, if you need some backup in this intellectual property dispute,
the
Alarishi Empire is always willing to engage in joint training exercises
alongside the NI Navy.

On a more serious note, we need to rein in "ubertech" that doesn't come
from
the Big Four.  If they, with their trillions...hundred
billions....scores of
billions?  Where are we on the population thing?  Anyway, if the Big
Guys
haven't discovered it, it's probably not because their militaries are
old
and stodgy.  Consequently, it's unlikely that minor powers will have
much
new tech.

Prev: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page) Next: NI and NCS shootout.