Prev: Re:[DSII] Ship Designs Next: RE: [FT] Replenishing Fighters (was: Tug Confusion)

Re: [DSII] Ship Designs

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:52:18 +1300
Subject: Re: [DSII] Ship Designs

John M. Atkinson <john.m.atkinson@erols.com> wrote:
>Size 5 25
>Armor 1  5
>CFE 5
>Boat 2.5
>2xAPSW 8
>1xLt Art 20
>Total 85.5 if I build it as size class 5, which is where it all fits.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but my total is 65.5 points.

The size 2 example is an over armed APC swimming a river.

>[About riverine craft]
    How about the extra bits that might be missing?
Long term accomodation for 4-5 crew members:		+8 capacity
Extra ammunition for mortar, 4 @ +2 capacity per shot:	+8 capacity
Total (with weapons):					24 capacity

    Or, assuming there is space for a boarding party:
Long term accomodation for 4-5 crew members:		+8 capacity
Long term accomodation for 4-5 man boarding party:     +12 capacity
Total (with weapons):					28 capacity

"Long term accomodation" means accomodation suited for about one day.
Which
is a longer time than an APC is suitable for. I'm assuming that long
term
accomodation costs 3 * normal infantry team capacity (+12), 2* team
capacity
for crew (+8).

For a general method, design the vehicle as a normal DSII vehicle, like
your
first example for the size two design. The limits of "maximum weapon
size is
one larger than vehicle size class" and "number of weapons is limited to
size class" are tossed out.
    In exchange, the vehicle gets long term endurance, say, a couple of
days. It has a signature equivalent to oversize vehicles, so it's
automatically hit if an opposing weapon is within range. Weapons with
fire
controls can fire independently as per the oversize vehicles rules.
    The vehicle is assumed to be immune to small arms fire. Assume an
overall armour of 1 all around. If you want a higher value of armour,
pay
points for it, based on the size class required to fit all the weapons.
    The only points cost is the weapons mounted in the vehicle and any
armour in excess of one. I'm assuming that the large size and
inefficient
construction balances out the long term endurance for points cost.
    Hope that helps! :-)

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz ICQ: 26227169
Blind See-Saw, DSII, DSII FAQ, GZG-L email FAQ, FUDGE, UY, MSH & WBG:
    http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/

Prev: Re:[DSII] Ship Designs Next: RE: [FT] Replenishing Fighters (was: Tug Confusion)