Prev: Re: [FT] Tug confusion Next: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)

RE: [FT] Tug confusion

From: Binhan Lin <Lin@R...>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:25:36 -0700
Subject: RE: [FT] Tug confusion

-----Original Message-----
From:	Jared E Noble [SMTP:JNOBLE2@mail.aai.arco.com]
Sent:	Wednesday, February 24, 1999 4:49 PM
To:	gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Subject:	Re: [FT] Tug confusion

Well, here's the rub - what you designed is valid by the rules, but not
practical by the text.	The average FTL transit consists of a series of
jumps,
with delays of 6+ hours between them, while "on average, naval vessels
on most
missions will make no more than one jump per day".  The tug has no
provisions
for the fighter crew, or refueling, or rearming.  So essentially the
pilots are
stuck in their fighters for the entire duration.  They must rely on the
Life
support ability of said fighters.  They have at most their initial
endurance of
6 (or 9 if long-range) but I would hotly contend that extended
deep-space travel
burns endurance.  And once there, they use it up and are screwed.

For this part I would require the player to purchase Extended endurance
fighters
if they are going to be used on a fighter tug.

--Binhan

Prev: Re: [FT] Tug confusion Next: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)