Prev: Re:OT : B5 computer combat sim news.. Next: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)

[list] gzglweb was Re: [FT]Star Trek: TOS

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 18:55:18 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: [list] gzglweb was Re: [FT]Star Trek: TOS

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:

> I want to eventually include some pictures, but am running short of
disk
> space (Down to my last Meg), so may not.

ooh, that reminds me. i have a cunning plan.

i've noticed that a lot of people have issues with web space/access/time
associated with gzg/gzg-l/gzgpedia efforts (for instance, i'm hosting
stuff for noam izenberg and bob mackenzie); thus, i thought, why not get
some of that free web space that's floating around for the list?

that's what i did. thus,

http://members.xoom.com/gzg_l

is now a sort of open repository for gzg-l type stuff. there are no
adverts - they just send stuff to the owner, ie me, and i get those
anyway
because that's where my home page is. i may be the owner, but i don't
intend to run it. it's supposed to be an open agora.

you can upload stuff to:

ftp.xoom.com

username: gzg_l
password: nacesu

make a folder with an appropriate name - i've named them after the
nations
which they relate to (NI and PRM), you can use anything you like. for
instance, brian could use a folder "st-ft" for his star trek stuff.

i hope no-one objects to the liberty i have taken of associating a web
account with the list. xoom provides 11 MB of space, which should last
us
for a while, although their servers can be slow and unreliable.

Tom

Prev: Re:OT : B5 computer combat sim news.. Next: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)