Prev: Re: [OT] My Life Next: Re: Spinal Mounts

Re: [FT] Wave Guns, Fighter Racks, Mass/Thrust, & Maneuver Oh My!

From: Tony Francis <tony@g...>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:41:16 +0000
Subject: Re: [FT] Wave Guns, Fighter Racks, Mass/Thrust, & Maneuver Oh My!

"Izenberg, Noam" wrote:

> John L. wrote:
> >	 Items 2 and 3 can be handled under the rules by buying
> > a tug and allowing the parasite fighters to come and go
> > as necessary.   The one big limiting factor on the parasite
> > fighters is that no special types with expendable ordinance
> > could be carried/rearmed.  (I.E. no attack or torp fighters)
>
> Ah, I had forgtten abut tugs. If you are tug to a single fighter
group,
> do you need a tug capacity of 9 or 6?

Six. If you're building a tug to tow a ship you need to be able to tow
the
ship's mass, not it's mass*1.5.

> Are attack fighters armaments considered expendable?

Presumably yes. The extra 50% mass premium when carrying fighters must
include armouries for expendable ordinance so if you're not allocating
that
extra space you don't therefore get the reloads.

Tony

BTW Noam, yes I'd be interested to see your NI designs - I can get
access to
a copy of XL '97 or I have XL '95 on my machine if you can export in
that
format.

Prev: Re: [OT] My Life Next: Re: Spinal Mounts