Prev: Re: Warpwar was:Re: Vulnerability of Ogres: Plus a DSII question Next: Re: [FT]Star Trek: TOS

Re: Home Pages (way OT)

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@c...>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 23:14:10 -0800
Subject: Re: Home Pages (way OT)

I'm using GoLive (now Adobe) CyberStudio for page design and Frontier
(http://www.scripting.com/Frontier5) for site management. I also use
Dreamweaver on occaison. For novices I used to recommend Claris
HomePage, but since they chnaged names to Filemaker Inc. I'm not sure
what the availability is. Note: these are (mainly) Mac programs.
CyberStudio may already have a Windows version,  there'll be one
shortly if there isn't already. There's a 30day demo available; the
not-so-properly-recommended approach is to keep reinstalling the
thing... But you didn't hear that from me...

At 8:57 PM -0800 2/23/99, Brian Burger wrote:

>> > A cursory look reveals a few reasons why this page makes
>> > netscape barf.... <TABLE> is opened but never closed with a
>> > </TABLE> which I have previously noticed confusing netscape.
>>
>> Let me guess... made with a MS product? IE doesn't need </TABLE> to
>> figure out the end, and ignores its presence. MS Frontpage etc don't
>> bother putting it in. The idea is to "de-commoditise" the html
standard
>> (see the Haloween documents).
>>
>> Basically, MS pagebuilders at one stage deliberately made pages only
MS
>> browsers could understand.
>
><http://www.arachnoid.com> - great independant HTML editor/pagebuilder.
>Only one I've found that's worth anything. Netscape's Composer and
>Microserf's Frontpage are both useless, as far as I'm concerned...but
>Arachnophilia is pretty cool. You DO have to know some HTML already,
but
>there're guides and tutorials included to keep you from screwing up too
>badly. Wonderful program - practically none of my site would exist
without
>it...(I handcode still, using Arachnophilia as a 'spellchecker' and
>template. Makes things go much faster than straight handcoding - the
>program can do the tedious bits for me, while still leaving me with
lots
>of control of layout, etc)
>
>Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca) 		 -DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
>	   - http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html -
>-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-
>

>> --
>>		 http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
>> aebrain@dynamite.com.au     <> <>	How doth the little Crocodile
>> | Alan & Carmel Brain|      xxxxx	   Improve his shining tail?
>> | Canberra Australia |  xxxxxHxHxxxxxx _MMMMMMMMM_MMMMMMMMM
>>  abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo	  oo oo     oo
>>			  By pulling MAERKLIN Wagons, in 1/220 Scale

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: Re: Warpwar was:Re: Vulnerability of Ogres: Plus a DSII question Next: Re: [FT]Star Trek: TOS