Prev: [SG/DS]Aliens Next: Re: Warpwar was:Re: Vulnerability of Ogres: Plus a DSII question

Re: [FT]Star Trek: TOS

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:50:01 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT]Star Trek: TOS

DracSpy@aol.com wrote:

> << >
>  > A very preliminary version of a set of ship designs (and a VERY few
>  > minor additional systems) is available through:
>  >
>  > http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain/ft/index.htm
>
>	  Excellent!  I'll be trying these out soon.

> I realy like the rules, because now I can have a life and play in the
Startrek
> universe, I'll do up (assuming that my computer does not eat them)
files for
> the PFs and some other ships from the net, it'll let me get some more
use out
> of my SFB stuff.

*BLUSH" Gosh, Shucks tweren't nothing.... Ta for the post, such feedback
is greatly appreciated. The difficulty isn't making new systems, its
adhering to the principle of "minimum change": trying to retain the
falvour with the fewest possible additional rules.

Hence the Gatling's a re-useable submunition: The Plasma Torp's
something like the SM Launcher From Hell: And the Hellbore's just a
Torpedo that can, under the right circumstances, do a lot of internals
(just by allowing it to re-roll on a 6 as per a beam...) Those, plus a
logical extension to the MT missile rules (adding magazines and
launchers, so both SMs and MTMs have both racks and launcher/mags
available) is all that was needed.

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: [SG/DS]Aliens Next: Re: Warpwar was:Re: Vulnerability of Ogres: Plus a DSII question