Prev: Re: Alarishi Home Page Next: Re: Alarishi Home Page

Re: Alarishi Home Page

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 20:57:45 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Alarishi Home Page

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:

> Richard Slattery wrote:
>
> > > Anyways, it does show up in Internet Explorer
> > > even though it doesn't with Netscape (maybe
> > > a glitch to be fixed Laserlight?).
> > A cursory look reveals a few reasons why this page makes
> > netscape barf.... <TABLE> is opened but never closed with a
> > </TABLE> which I have previously noticed confusing netscape.
>
> Let me guess... made with a MS product? IE doesn't need </TABLE> to
> figure out the end, and ignores its presence. MS Frontpage etc don't
> bother putting it in. The idea is to "de-commoditise" the html
standard
> (see the Haloween documents).
>
> Basically, MS pagebuilders at one stage deliberately made pages only
MS
> browsers could understand.

<http://www.arachnoid.com> - great independant HTML editor/pagebuilder.
Only one I've found that's worth anything. Netscape's Composer and
Microserf's Frontpage are both useless, as far as I'm concerned...but
Arachnophilia is pretty cool. You DO have to know some HTML already, but
there're guides and tutorials included to keep you from screwing up too
badly. Wonderful program - practically none of my site would exist
without
it...(I handcode still, using Arachnophilia as a 'spellchecker' and
template. Makes things go much faster than straight handcoding - the
program can do the tedious bits for me, while still leaving me with lots
of control of layout, etc)

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)			-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
	  - http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-