Prev: Warpwar was:Re: Vulnerability of Ogres: Plus a DSII question Next: Re: Alarishi Home Page

HTML checking (was Re: Alarishi...)

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 20:44:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: HTML checking (was Re: Alarishi...)

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Beth Fulton wrote:

> G'day Jared,
>
> >Instead of changing browsers, find the problem in the HTML and pass
it on to
> >Laserlight so he can fix it! (I have done that below)
> I would've if I knew what was wrong! Without time to upgrade my
> education in that sector I have to rely on kind folks such
> as yourself to point those things out for me..;)

Anyone wanting to check their HTML's validity should go to
<http://validator.w3.org/> which is a very good HTML validator. You'll
need to put a DTD on the top of your HTML documents - this is explained
at
the above site.

Run the Validator with "pendant mode" and "Weblint" enabled, and it will
call EVERYTHING wrong with your HTML, even the stuff that doesn't
interfere with proper viewing on any viewer. A great way to learn proper
HTML, btw.

A warning to fellow Geocities site owners: those GeoGuide advert things
are solid bad HTML...really shitty coding. Several of my pages, EVERY
error that comes up is because of the GeoGuide; my own coding is
perfect...not to boast or anything... :) oh, and you _can_ get rid of
those annoying Geo-popup things w/o leaving Geocities...

Anyway, do check out the Validator.

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)			-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
	- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

----

----